Secrets. [let's try it in english]

I have never been good at keeping secrets. Secrets seem to linger in my lips, dancing like the bitter note of lemon in the tongue. They appear to be only waiting for the opportunity to get caught. They are such children; playing hide and seek inside me, squealing over the possibility of reaching the hot point – words. Only they can they become real.

After I have said this, it is most certain that you will not want to share your secrets with me. It’s ok. I know you will not believe me now, but I have gotten used to keeping everyone else’s secrets, actually – just not mine.

And thinking of the poor little secrets crouching inside, who can blame them? I mean, wouldn’t you want to become real? Who wouldn’t run like mad to get the chance to reach the light of day for the first time? Do you think you would be happy to stay inside, watching the sun spreading his arms through a tiny window? Admiring it from far, not really being allowed to feel the warmth of its rays on your skin?

Well, this might actually sound strange to you, but some secrets just long to be screamed out. To be hugged by emotions, thrown away so they can fly out into the open air. To have fun. They wish to be loved and allowed to go crazy, like everyone else.
And sometimes they are not that small; sometimes they are huge, and there is no space inside one’s soul to keep them for long. Secrets can encage dreams, promises, feelings, lies, desires... Imagine how insanely big that can be!

Once they are out, they will get caught, though, and they can cause a lot of harm. But secrets have this problem: they need to be free. It is part of their nature. They are not domesticated birds who have learned to be kept over generations; they are wild creatures that cannot be tamed. And they can be so powerful as a first kiss; or a last kiss, for that matter.

Maybe that is why I was never good at keeping secrets. Because they live within us. And their sadness makes us feel agitated, sometimes without really knowing why. But we can feel that there is something inside that wants to break free. Yes, that’s right, just like Queen’s song.
So, who am I to keep a secret from being happy? Especially if it will make me feel better, too.

What is that? No, I guess you are right. Secrets don’t have feelings.



Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Aluga-se cantinho onde poder chorar

Longe do mundo... mas perto de ti!

E hoje é só.